Tuesday, August 13, 2002

Ever heard the phrase, "It's all in the details"? I just finished filling out this simple little questionnaire my son sent me...40 questions about your favorite color, favorite place, favorite song, best memory, and so on. Things like "What's in the trunk of your car right now?" and "What time do you wake up in the morning?". Little details that we rarely know or think to share about each other. As I answered these questions my heart just lifted. I sent this silly little thing to my mom, my dad, my brother, my kids, and my sweetie. I felt as though I was giving them a piece of my heart. Little, yes. Inconsequential, yes. But the joining is the thing. I want to be known by others and I want to know them, too. I want to know what time everybody wakes up in the morning because it's one human act we all share. It's joining. It makes us one. The very fact that you love someone--anyone--makes you part of me. I like that. :)

No comments: