Monday, April 21, 2008

Recap of the Festival of Faith & Writing


I'm back from the Festival of Faith and Writing at Calvin College and wanted to share links for some of the great people I found there. I was really blessed and moved in several of the sessions. Not only did I come away with good and practical new writing ideas, but I was inspired by the heart, spirit, and mind of many creative and gifted writers. I recommend the following people to you, for their presence as much as for their writing and illustration talents:
I also met several great editors at a variety of publishing companies--they were approachable, friendly, helpful, smart. Thanks to Lil at Paraclete, Sheryl at Jossey-Bass, Kathleen at Fresh Air (a new imprint launching from Upper Room), and Vinita at Loyola--for their ideas, wisdom, and friendly openness.

If you didn't go this year, start planning your 2010 trip now. :)

No comments: